Tuesday 31 May 2011

Nice........The French Riviera!

Home above the city shopping area.
Shopping area Nice....don't know who the lady is, I didn't see her as it was so bright and you can barely see in the camera screen when you take a pic!
Long distance shot!
This is the Riviera! Beach with pebbles not sand and no waves although beautiful coloured water. Australia has the absolute best beaches don't you agree!!!
Well what's happening with Blogger? I can't make any comments to anyone. I always read the comments so if you post one know that I do check it!!!! And appreciate them very much, hopefully the problem will correct itself. This is my 2nd last post so I'll just leave it at that for now.....hope it does fix itself!
Today we took a bus down to Nice and the big strip of the Mediterranean known of course as The French Riviera. We took a bus trip around the city which was good as we didn't have to walk too far and saw a lot. Once again it's very warm here. After that we more or less just walked around the shops in the main areas......Galleries Lafayette is here as well as  in Berlin and Paris.....one of my very fave department stores.
We're back at the hotel now, just chilling out......we're pretty worn out from this trip even though we have seen and done some amazing things. We're both ready to come home and to see everyone!!! (Mum not long now! Have missed those coffees we have together!!!!
This was the view from our breakfast table this morning of a big Liner and Cap Ferrat. Double decker carousel, pic above, never seen one of those before!
 (I miss the Breville 860 Michelle!!!!) Gosh decent coffee....can't wait for it! Did I tell you I actually resorted to buying those instant cappuccino sachets here out of desperation! The best example of weird coffee we had was in Provence, asked for a cafe Latte and got 2 little (baby ccino cups like Gloria Jeans has for kids )and a tiny teaspoon the size of a toothpick, I just nearly died laughing when it arrived!!!) Anyway I assume the French would hate Australian coffee so it works both ways!
Well thats all for today, I'll just put some pics up for you then we're off to tea somewhere......can't wait for a home cooked meal either! 
*****Oh lastly I have no idea why some of the pics end up in the middle of the paragraphs I type, it just happens that way for some reason!*****

2 comments:

  1. Hi Trace

    Yes the blog does have a mind of its own sometimes, as I have had problems with it too but it has been wonderful to see what you have been doing day by day.

    Mark agrees with you about the coffee. We took our own nescafe with us thank goodness otherwise I think Mark would have wanted to come home sooner on our trip.

    Our beaches certainly leave the French riviera for dead but we don't have as many of those enormous yachts pulled up off shore I think. Looking forward to our afternoon tea catch up when you get back home.

    Take care both of you and safe trip home. Enjoy your business class.

    Jan

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Trace another great post!!!! As for the blogging dramas, I am so glad it went pretty hassle free up until now. So frustrating thats for sure.

    Paul had a chuckle over your coffee comments.

    You have done a AWESOME job with this blog.......... What a great keepsake to have.

    Well not long now & you will be back home, safe flight guys. Thanks for sharing your holiday adventures with us. I have enjoyed reading & clicking on your pics. Not sure what I will do in the mornings now as it seems like you have been gone for so long. Many weeks of making a cuppa & turning on the computer too see what you had done for the day.

    Ahh its tuff Businesss Class, but hey i'm sure you can tuff it out.

    ReplyDelete