Friday 6 May 2011

Final pics from Venice

Touristo
Lone Gondola
C
Canal Murano
View from Ca Dogaressa Hotel
Canal scene
Pretty window box
Murano
Gondolas, remember to click or double click for larger view of pics.
Tomorrow we fly to Berlin! I thought I would finish my Italian posts with some nice pics from around Venice and Murano. We had a good day today and went into the  Basilica di San Marco, it was pretty spectacular to see, the ceilings are covered with mosaic depictions of Christ etc.
Stephen and I have enjoyed Venice, for me the Gondola ride and the Murano Island visit were highlights. The actual look of the place itself is almost overwhelming when you first arrive, there's nothing like that first sight of the old buildings and canals!!!!!
View from tower Piazza San Marco
Close up Basilica di San Marco
Red geraniums
Hope you enjoy these pics, stay posted for a look at Germany!!

No comments: