Thursday 26 May 2011

Avignon

Interesting note for travellers! ( and David!)  The dog poo (sorry about that) problem has been fixed in Paris (huge improvement) and even in St Remy (note bag attached to lead) above but alas it hasn't been in Avignon....it's everywhere! You have to watch where you walk LOL
This is in the main square of Avignon, it's a pic of two French journalists that are being held in Afghanistan...for over 500 days apparently. Awful isn't it.
We were walking along and realized the windows ahead were actually paintings!
Stephens artistic shot.......windows in a row! LOL
The Rhone river
View from the top!
Inside Le Palais de Papes
Front of Le Palais de Papes
Carousel in the main Square
Main street or Rue in Avignon
This is what we're up against every day here, I am dreading getting on the scales!
Thank goodness the day was a bit cooler....still hot but okay! We drove to Avignon, much bigger than St Remy and spent the day there. We had a lovely breakfast before we left at the hotel. At Avignon we mainly went to the shops and then to Le Palais de Papes where the Popes lived about 700 years ago! A bit dull but the view from the top was great......... I must admit I have probably enjoyed the cities the most but this is interesting too. I think I like shops too much perhaps!!!
T
To Cheryl and Kevin......we're both thinking of you. Take care, Trace and Stephen
 xx



6 comments:

  1. Hi well I love the pic of the building with painted windows very cool, & Stephen's artistic shot of you..........the carousel is so pretty do many people go on them??

    Buddy wasn't impressed with the dogs in Avignon!!!

    Have fun guys.....When is the Grand Prix??

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice - finally got a chance to reply again.

    Hot weather? Apparently it's quite cold in Brisbane at the moment so it's nice youre getting sun at least!

    QLD won the State of Origin game last night (again).

    I am going to Chicago on Fri, Indianapolis on Sat & Sun night... then on Mon I need to hire a car and drive 5 hours to St Louis in Missouri as there is literally NO public transport. Plane, bus, train, nothing. Any tips on driving on the wrong side of the road? I don't really want to be honest! Then on Wednesday I am catching a flight to Milwaukee. I will be broke haha but it's fun.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Trace

    I have tried emailing you but am having issues for some reason. I can't connect to you so have emailed you instead. If I can't access you before you arrive home hope you continue to have a wonderful holiday and will talk to you when you arrive back home.

    Love Jan

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Scott Dad said every time you enter a road say to yourself which side should I go onto, at the risk of upsetting other drivers go slow to give you time to think, be wary of every other car and make sure you get a GPS so you can concentrate more on the driving. Having said that be careful and have fun!!!! great to hear from you Mum and Dad xx We'll be broke too so join the club!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Michelle before I forget the Grand Prix is this Sunday....I so hope it's not boiling!!!! I hope the ear plugs work and that Mark Webber gets 1st 2nd or 3rd! Have added a special pic for Buddy to see! He would love it over here as all the dogs go everywhere and into cafes etc!!!!!!
    Trace

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Jan, got your message! Its been a good day today and I hope you will like the scenes on the next post.The country is magnificent near and around Les Baux. Did you go to Provence or if memory serves me correctly you might have driven near Giverney? You were saying it's been cold in Brisbane....it's been hot as blazes here!!!!!! I have a tan on my arms!!!
    Cheers Trace

    ReplyDelete