Sunday 8 May 2011

Berlin, 1st day!

Lovely garden bed near the Brandenburg gate.
Part of the Berlin Wall 2011
I loved this graffiti, it might say something undesirable for all I know but I thought it looked interesting!
Brandenburg gate (it took nearly 10 mins to download this pic!)
Wow, we must have walked ten miles today...Berlin is spread out, such a long way to the tourist places. (We took a train home to our hotel.) Saw the Brandenburg Gate and part of the Berlin Wall, it was a great historical site to visit, also the Jewish Memorial was a place for introspection, will put up some pics of it later. Check point Charlie was a total waste of time, its not the real thing and is a tacky tourist area unfortunately, quite disappointing.  Berlin seems to be a progressive type of city with a lot of the decor in restaurants etc quite modern. Young people in hospitality seem quite friendly towards tourists & happy to engage in conversation. One of the guys in the restaurant in our hotel actually came from Sydney and lived in Brisbane and was talking to us about Spring Hill, the flood and the Valley etc as he lived in Brisbane for a few years. Small world!
                  Stephen and "the boob" statue!                          

10 comments:

  1. Trace the pics are great yet again, I too love the graffiti girl. You are seeing a lot of historical places & pretty places. Wished I was there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is good that the people are nice, it was often a mixed bag when I was in Germany!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like you are having a fantastic time, I looking forward to seeing all the pictures when you are back!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Michelle, wow it took me about an hour to download those pics, glad I did. The trick is to get up and do something in between pics or it drives you nuts!!!!!! Will post again soon and I'm glad you're enjoying it! Trace

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi boys loved hearing from you, wish you were here with us! Its been really good so far, the odd boring bit (checkpoint Charlie for example!)but mostly very interesting and so different. Ben how is Max?
    Take care you two love Mum
    Have written the replies together as it takes so long to even post a comment here!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Max is good, he really enjoyed the bleach that was on my work pants today :/ so he got a wash haha. He is fine I don't think he had any for starters.

    Also tell dad I had success with the manifold.

    Had a good lunch today with nanna (Scott made a nice meal).

    Smashed my uni exam :).

    Love.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Glad to hear Max is doing fine.....Trace I am watching Manu on Dancing with the stars. He can cook & dance what a guy. I am sure he will win the series.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Michelle Manu rules!!! How's "the Budster"?He'd fit right in here, there are so many people walking dogs all the time!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ben way to go with the Uni exam...well done:) Told Dad about the manifold too. Keep looking after Maxi!
    Take care love Mum

    ReplyDelete
  10. Scott thanks for cooking Mum a meal for "Mothers Day"! Well done! Love Mum

    ReplyDelete