Saturday 21 May 2011

Musee Rodin and more pink!

Auguste Rodins' "The Thinker"
Musee Rodin back view from Garden
Loved this sculpture! (don't forget to double click for a bigger image)
2nd view....french flags
Views out the windows from the Museum, trying to be creative here!!!!!
The boomers in the garden of the museum. An elderly German lady offered to take our pic for us. I think she did it to be able to talk to someone as she was travelling alone. She was very nice and has a daughter living in Australia as of last year.( I think we should have picked a different sculpture......one without rude bits perhaps!!!!!)
Musee Rodin, Paris
I absolutely could not resist putting this pic of a petite voiture in pink....what more could a girl want than to drive this to work!!!
The dome from hotel Invalides in the background taken from Musee Rodin
 Bonsoir........another busy day with loads of walking!!!! This morning we took the Metro to see the Musee with Auguste Rodins sculptures in it including the famous one "the thinker", it is such a lovely place as the gardens are full of beautiful roses. I wasn't a big rose fan but might have changed my view after today, so very, very pretty!!!!  After seeing that we then had coffee, we do a lot of that as we love to sit and relax, and then went to the Hotel des Invalides. This is the place that contains Napoleons crypt (pics about Napoleon will be on the next post). It's a magnificent building and has a wonderful world war 1 and 11 Museum within it. I wish we had more time, we would have seen a lot more.
Aren't these beautiful....a few days earlier and they would have been even prettier! Pink rules!  Garden at  Rodins Musee
Well hope you enjoy this next lot of pics, a mix of the pretty and the interesting I hope!
P.S Ben and Scott check your e-mails!

6 comments:

  1. Another great blog entry.......I will have one little pink car with pink roses please.

    Pretty in pink !!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Trace

    You sure saw some pretty things today. I love the pic of the dome of Hotel Invalides with the roses in the foreground. I could both you and Michelle in that pink car.

    Jan

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Tracy,
    Was only thinking how new all the cars looked in your photos then I came to your pink one - love it. Really enjoying all of your blog particularly the photos of Prague. Hope you are putting all of those french lessons to good use!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Jocelyn
    Was thrilled to see you had commented again!!!! Glad you liked the pink car too. Interestingly enough the only blunder we have had with a menu order was one I said in English. The french has been great for ordering but to speak it fluently I suspect I will need another 50 years of lessons!
    Take care Trace

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Michelle and Jan
    Joint reply as I'm going out to tea in about 30 mins and have to get ready!! Blogs more important!!!
    Thanks for your comments, you're right about us and the car, what about the three of us on a joy ride around the Arc de Triomphe!!!! I bags NOT to drive!
    Have to go Stephens telling me to get ready quick!!! (LOL)
    Bye mon amies Trace

    ReplyDelete
  6. Trace
    I bags not to drive too. Maybe Michelle would like the challenge?.......
    Jan

    ReplyDelete